Tagged Under:

~ Recipe Boxes and More ~

By: mario On: 08:58
  • Let's Get Social
  • Hello Friends! I hope these first few days of Fall are finding you well and happy! I finally found my recipe box... after a bit of obsessive searching , my local Hallmark store had what seemed like the perfect one. I call it my "almost home-made" little treasure. "Almost" because it already had the colors I liked, but didn't quite fit the bill till I added some homemade images and gave it a personal touch I was looking for. So the weekend was filled with some cooking, watching football and crafting my little keepsake box. I found re-writing my handed down recipes pretty daunting , but I got about 30 done and have about 100 left so far. I'm thinking it will occupy my time while watching some TV at night this fall. :)

    What I loved about doing this is I'll have one place to go to when I search for some traditional recipes, and my kids will also be able to find everything they grew up enjoying once they are older too. Most of the recipes I re-wrote because the original cards they were on were pretty old and worn. But I also kept some of the original cards and just glued them onto the new cards also, this way I could see my Mothers handwriting and my handed down ones would still be there for keepsakes too! It made it that much more special...

    Of course I also loved that the colors went with my kitchen too :) It also had that Vintage feel I was looking for...

    It came with this sweet image on top, so I left the top of it pretty simple..

    I loved the Vintage blue check!

    As I searched the Internet and local stores, I came upon a few others too that I wanted to share with you, This one below by C.R. Gibson came in a close second as a choice for me, I adore the colors and images too!
    Then, lol, sometimes when you complete something and you're all finished, you end up finding that "perfect" one after the fact... As with these below :) I was looking for recipe card covers online and came upon this site I See a Moose, well, I gasped at how perfect these recipe boxes would have been in my kitchen and how much I adored them. So I just had to share! Each one is custom made and one of a kind, I found them to be so Vintage sweet and just so unique too! If I'd seen these before I got mine, one of them would be on my counter right now. The website has so many other unique products also, give them a peek when you get a sec!

    I went into Home Goods last week in search of my recipe box and while they didn't seem to have one at the moment, I couldn't walk out empty handed :) That's near impossible for me :) Sooooo, I took home this lovely Vintage colored Pink Casserole dish, it's pretty yummy, yes?

    Well after cooking and looking at recipes all weekend, I wanted to share one last thing with you. I have a huge handful of recipes from my good friend Renee. They now grace the inside of my new recipe box and will be there for generations to come. Renee is actually the reason I started blogging, first she's a wonderful friend and second a fabulous cook too! All of the recipes I've taken from her have been delicious and super easy, not to mention Healthy. But then again, she's a personal trainer and has helped me find perfect menus when calories count as much as taste! I started blogging the minute she emailed me and said " Cyn, you should try this little thing called Blogging, just go to blogger.com and you'll see how easy it is to set up and start an online journal, I know you'll love it ".....well, lol, I am pretty sure "love it" was an understatement, because to me, it's the best thing since sliced bread for creativity and inspiration ever! So Thank you Renee! I'm sure she'd love if you stopped by and said HI too, Her blog Power Meals will leave you hungry for sure :) Here's a little simple Pizza from Renee, perfect for that fall football weekend! Head on over to her blog for the easy recipe!

    I hope you enjoy a beautiful Fall week ladies and thank you so much for stopping in!!

    Wishing you a blessed week filled with smiles , laughter and love!

    Hugs,

    ~ Cynthia ~

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment