Tagged Under:

~ Makeover time ~

By: mario On: 08:29
  • Let's Get Social
  • "WHEW" is all I can say, it's been so long since I did a post. I try and get on at least weekly , but this summer has been a whirlwind here ! I hope everyone is enjoying a lovely summer! I decided to re-do my Bedroom this August but even that is proving to be a "little here, little there" project. I cannot wait to finish the room, but right now it's half the old yellow/gold and half a new blue I'm in love with. I managed to get in a few small makeovers so far , so I finally had something to post about.... I can't wait to share the whole room when it's finished, with the humid weather we are having , the painting and other things are slower than I'd like :) But here goes... This dresser below was my lingerie chest as a child, but I remember stuffing it with crayons and barbies back then. :) It's pretty hideous looking and I had really "let it go", it was distressed naturally over the last 40 years, lol. But I gave it a new coat of paint, sanded off a bit to let the red peek through , and now I'm pretty happy with it. Hopefully I will get to finish the rest of the room in the next couple of weeks. :)

    Pretty bad, huh? :)


    Now a new coat of paint, in pretty Cornflower Blue .... and new crystal knobs of course :)

    These were the walls before, Tuscan Gold...

    And now..... Sparkling Spring , a pretty cottage blue by Behr Paints...

    This lamp below was kinda new, from my Tuscan phase :) But it needed to fit the Simple Cottage "softer" look I am going for , so out with the brushes again and some left over fabric and it was given a whole new look...

    I painted it creamy white and took some fabric that I had laying around and made new shades for $1.99 :) I picked up the shades for that price at Micheal's and just glued the fabric on them... I like the soft sage green and roses playing against the blue..

    I also bought lace curtains on sale and hung them last week. I had lace curtains years ago in my room and had missed them, so out with the heavy yellow I had before and in came the light again :)!

    I just adore white eyelet!!...., this pillow below was the inspiration I wanted to use for the entire room, and a pretty shabby chic quilt.... So I'm on my way.... More white eyelet to come, lots more paint, some more pillow and quilt hunting and I will be done! Now I just have to get the kids off to school in a week so I can finish it :) I'll post pictures of course when it's all done :)

    I hope all you are having a wonderful last few weeks of summer! I am looking forward to getting back to blogging on a much more regular basis in a week or so! Once that big yellow bus comes, I'm back to some "me" time, lol...

    Enjoy your week girls! and btw, I picked some flowers for you all , I hope they brighten your day! :)

    With Hugs and Gratitude for your friendship as always!

    Love,

    ~ Cynthia ~

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment