Tagged Under:

~ How I spent my summer vacation ~

By: mario On: 05:36
  • Let's Get Social
  • Hello Ladies! It feels like it's been forever since I did a post or had a chance to visit you all...I'm back from my little summer getaway and what better place to share our summer cottage than here. Well it's not really mine, lol, but my great friend Sandra needed a puppy sitter while she went away and with my parents up visiting this summer, we needed a place to share quality time and feel like we were away. Northport , NY is only one town away, but right on the water and it's such a quaint little village so the timing was perfect. I grew up in this area, but it's amazing how relaxing and tranquil any place can be when you decide to focus on making it a vacation spot. Plus I loved the idea of not loosing any travel time, a 10 minute car ride and we were there. I also made the decision to not leave the town at all, no coming back home to get the mail or shop in my usual places here, but instead, stay in the Norman Rockwell existence with a new set of eyes :) Vacation eyes :) So come for a little tour of one of my favorite towns....

    As soon as my girlfriend moved into this house, I knew she had found a little jewel. It oozes charm in every way. I've spent many girlfriend get togethers here and had already worn out the front porch chair before this summer :) But being here and knowing I didn't have to leave for a week was a real treat!

    Little Bella, she's the reason for my stay, and she entertained us every day with her puppy ways and adorable demeanor. Awww, is she so cute?!

    I love this great little kitchen, it's packed with fabulous details and charm! I used the grill a lot, but also did my fair share of steaming seafood and enjoying some cooking in here too..


    The perfect accessory to any cottage :) A gorgeous claw foot tub!

    The living room looking into the kitchen area....

    Nooks and cranny's were everywhere!


    A sweet kitchen shelf unit, simple and elegant...

    The details in her home are amazing , even down to the door knobs! I have to get some of these, they are just gorgeous in person!
    This room below was my Moms room for the week, I adore the red polka dot sheets and fluffy bedding!


    This bedroom has always been a favorite of mine ( below ), again, the bedding was so luxurious and yet the simple cottage decor just makes you relax and feel right at home. I adore this room for many reasons, I love that the breeze blows right in and it's so pretty and charming!

    Lets walk outside the front door and take a walk downtown Northport....


    The weather was so gorgeous, I felt so lucky the whole week to wake up to the warm sun, the scent of flowers and that sweet salty air when you're close to the water , nothing beats that! And what a perfect view the park has too!

    Sailing anyone? ....

    Or, perhaps some yachting ? a lunch or sunset Cruise?

    The town has always made me feel like I've stepped back in time, but yet what's so great about it is, for the nostalgia you can enter into it's many cafes and still get a malted milk shake or an egg cream :) But you can also go to the next store and get a fabulous pair of trendy sandals and browse the beautiful boutiques too!

    Every little town needs a General store too....The one below has that great hardware store smell, I just love it :)

    Pretty little antique shops too!



    And best of all, little pockets of bistro dining and courtyards away from it all...

    It's a great little town for that unusual gift, I wanted to take this bike home, it's actually a planter, how cute would it be filled with pots of hydrangeas or daisy's ?!

    Well that's it, I'm finished with my " how I spent my summer vacation" essay :) Ohhhh, it feels so great to be out of school :)! I'll leave you with this last picture, it's a flag that the village made out of flowers on the entrance to the dock area, cute idea!

    I hope you all are enjoying a beautiful summer!! and finding your own spots to vacation in or at least get away for a bit to rejuvenate and relax! I've missed seeing your new blog posts, so now I'm off to go visit and catch up with you all!

    Happy Summer!

    Hugs, Cynthia xo

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment